Skip to content


Below is a list of UVU ISS forms that can now be completed online. Please click on the process' name to login and submit.

Note: If you have already started a specific online application/form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online application/form.
  • Immigration Check-in - You must provide copies of your U.S. immigration documents upon entry to the U.S. for ISS records and have your immigration record registered/validated.
  • Change of Education Level - If you are accepted to a new academic degree program at UVU, you must submit a copy of your acceptance letter and updated financial documentation to create a new I-20 (i.e. ESL to Bachelor's, Bachelor's to Master's, etc.).
  • Dependent Request - If your spouse or child(ren) plans to stay with you at UVU, you must submit updated financial and immigration documentation.
  • I-20 Reprint Request - If your I-20 has been lost, damaged, or stolen, complete all requirements of this form to request a reprint of your I-20.
  • Immigration Leave of Absence - If you wish to take a temporary absence, you must submit related documentation UVU ISS to discuss its impact on your immigration status.
  • Program Extension (F-1) - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
  • Reduced Course Load - Immigration regulations require F-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from UVU ISS.
  • SEVIS Transfer Out - If you have been accepted for admission to another U.S. institution, you must submit this request to have your SEVIS record transferred.
  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to ISS.
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study, after program completion. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to program completion.
  • OPT Employment Update - If you are applying for OPT and already have a job offer letter, you must submit this separate form.
  • SEVP Portal Update - If you already have OPT approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details via the SEVP Portal.
  • STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
  • Report STEM OPT Participation - At the 6, 12 and 18 month marks of your STEM OPT Extension, you are required to report your STEM participation